Friday, September 28, 2012

Draculaura Custom

I did a yarn reroot on this girl and painted her up today!


Blank and ready for blush!


I used some red micro glitter for blush, it didn't end up as glittery as I hoped ^^;


Painted the eyes in white.


Eyeliner.


Outline of the irises, I decided this time that I didn't want to do a black pupil.


Blending white at the bottom and black at the top.


Doing the other eye to match.


Added more blush to the cheeks, lips, nostrils and corners of lips.  The Monster High dolls don't have very deeop details in their sculpts, so I like to brush a little black pastel in those areas to give them the appearance of being deeper.


Eyelashes and eyebrows.


Finishing touches, I gave her some really subtle freckles.  Freckles can be difficult to get to look right, but you just have to remember to work with transparent paints and don't go for 'uniform' spacing.


All sealed, glossed, and with rhinestones put into her eyes!  I didn't realize until I was finished how much she looks like Flame Princess from Adventure time.

3 comments:

  1. Is that Draculaura's natural body color or did you paint her? Looks more pink than the usual Draculaura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't change her body color, maybe it's just because I used a lot of red and orange it makes her look especially pink? :)

      Delete
  2. That is probably it. I'm use to seeing her in all black which makes her paler looking. BTW,you did a really great job! I will be doing some customizing for the first time ever and your blog is a great resource.

    ReplyDelete