Friday, April 20, 2012

Damnit Michaels...

So my mother wanted to have a picture from our house re-framed, and we brought the whole thing to Michaels because we're lazy and had them take it out of the frame for us.  It was painted by my grandfather's uncle.

Well when the guy came back out it had a big tear out of the picture, ugh!  I mean obviously this picture was not matted properly the first time (looking at all that glue makes me queasy), but clearly the guy just ripped it off all willy-nilly too!  I mean come on, if I had known I would have taken it off myself at home and given more care.



The guy didn't even apologize.

So we bought the frame anyways, since it wasn't worth griping over after it already happened, and it's not like it's a piece that we paid money for, it was given to us.  But we brought it home and I'm going to try matching some paint and at the very least making it less noticeable.

My forte is more with matching skin tones, but I'll do what I can.  I'm not even sure what medium it's done in though, pastels? Watercolor? Gouache?

No comments:

Post a Comment