Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wiiings!

Well I went ahead and finished the feather wings that I had started before, since if I wanted to try again that meant buying more materials and I'm being honest I don't have moneys for that right now!

I used all 20 feathers to make them, so shockingly there's about ten feather's worth of feathers in each wing?  I really underestimated how many I needed, I think I could have used twice as many as I did.


So the easiest way I could think to attach them was to drill holes in the back of the body and just stick the wings on there.  Keep in mind that I made the wings with this plan in mind, so the base wire had two prongs of wire sticking out.  If I wanted to get fancy about it I would have bought some magnets, but I wasn't into it.


So I took the torso apart so that I was just working with the back plate.  The reason that I went with two holes for each wing is because if I did one, the wings would have a tendency to droop down.  With two holes it will keep them pointing straight out!


Holes drilled!  They're not 100% perfect, but they're going to be covered in feathers in a minute!


Yeah wings!


When choosing where to drill I was lucky that there wasn't any obstructions inside of the torso to block where I wanted to put the wires through.


Put it back together!


Pretty okay I think!  And since they're made out of wire and hot glue I'll be able to pose them pretty well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment