Monday, April 23, 2012

More fixing things

So last time I strung up my loom I had two ends crossed, which caused them to cross over each other and not come apart cleanly.  I put off fixing it a little bit, but finally did!


Pretty simple fix, but not fun if you've JUST finished stringing everything only to find it.  You just have to untie the bundle that the opposing threads are in and identify which ones it is.  In hindsight it might be easiest to tie a thread around the ones that need fixing, so you'll be sure to know which ones they are when you've got them out.

For this one all I had to do was switch their positions in the reed, simple!


I held the one bundle taught and lifted the harness to check that it was fixed and that I hadn't made it worse or something.  Look good?  Good!


Perfect, a nice pristine shed!


I am starting to wonder if using this thin yarn was a mistake... 8I

No comments:

Post a Comment