Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No updates, bad me x(

Sorry for the sudden lack of updating!  I've been having some of those days where everything I do turns to a big pile of crap.  I kept trying to switch from one thing to the other, but... sigh, nothing is going.

So here's one of my failures, since I have nothing successful to show :(


A while ago I bought a few little Obitsu dolls, since they're awfully cute sometimes and especially cheap.  I wanted to try out one of their new tiny ones, the 11cm ones.  They're very similar to Pukipukis from Fairyland, only significantly cheaper!  I think I paid around $28 for one with a head from Junkyspot.com

I just let it sit around for a long time before I decided that I might like to try making a little Homestuck character?  Have you heard about Homestuck?  It's a webcomic at MSPaintAdventures.com

Anyways, I thought I could try to make one of my favorite characters from it into a little doll!  So here's my trying to make Sollux Captor into a little Obitsu.  The first problem was that I needed to make the skin gray, so airbrush away!

Then I tried to seal it and well... I don't know if you've seen sealant gone wrong, but something here has gone so, so wrong.



I've used sealant enough to know why this happened.  I didn't let some part of it dry enough, so it crackles like a mother.  I now get to look forward to wiping it all off, mixing the same shade of gray again, and sealing once I'm absolutely sure that it's dry.

Somehow the issue did not effect the head, so I went ahead and painted a face!


My only issue is that I do not have a gloss that I've found to work on vinyl that will dry completely.  Should I try Tamiya?  I use Liquitex, hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment