Sunday, March 18, 2012

Things made out of hair!

These photos aren't new or anything, but they're of the items that I made of my own hair!  I showed some spun hair in my last post, but this is from some different spun hair.  I have red hair, and have been saving it for a while from off of my hair brushes.  I had some left from when I had my hair dyed blonde (it was more of a strawberry blonde) and right now my hair is its natural red.




Regular red!



Strawberry blonde!

And some of the things I made out of it!  I didn't used it all, but I did use most of it.


A ring that I tatted, it's really scratchy to wear unfortunately :(  I need to look into a way that I could seal it with clear resin maybe?  Then it would be stiff and smoother, right now there's so many hairs sticking out that poke into my skin.


Two earrings, they're not perfect though.  Since the thread that comes out of spun hair is so uneven, it's not too easy to tat.  The problem comes when you need to pull the thread through a row of completed knots, the hairs that stick out get caught and won't pull through the knots smoothly.  To fix this I used half cotton thread, half hairthread, and used the cotton thread to pull through the knots instead of hair.  It's a little difficult to explain, so I'll try next time to make a little tutorial about it!

1 comment:

  1. Make a MC for us, please! That's so interesting! I wish I could knit something using human hair about 7 years already!

    ReplyDelete