Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Repainting Cleo Part 1

Not really a tutorial, just step by step progress shots of me repainting a Monster High Cleo that I rerooted!


Wrapping up the hair so I don't ruin it when spraying!


I use my airbrush for any type of blushing, I started with an orange/red very close to the hair color.


Added some white highlights.  They look really blatant now, but the more painting I do the less noticeable they are.


A little black around the eyes, trying to make it look smoky and catlike.


Painting in white the outline of where the eyes go.  I do this in airbrush paint because it is thin so it will go on smooth, but also a very opaque white.  This is where you want to try and get the eyes even!


Black eyeliner, this is your last chance to get the eyes symmetrical (clearly I didn't, oh well).  Evenness is very important, but there's a difference between 'even' and 'symmetrical'.  As long as you look at the face head on and it doesn't look like one side is bigger than the other, or one side is drooping off the face it will probably be okay.


I decided on red eyes to match the hair.  Shading them next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment