Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's all okay

Well, despite the problems with the first half of the mold that I had, it ended up okay anyways!  The thing about plaster is that if you've done it on a smooth surface, it's much much easier to clean up if you wait for it to set up, and can just chip it up in large chunks.


Pretty easy!


I was so glad that the texture came out just fine in the plaster!  I was a little bit worried about it, since in some spots the texture was a little deeper.  Since plaster isn't flexible at all you have to be careful about very small thin details.


I took the horns out of this half of the mold, cleaned them up and put them back in.  I also had to put a little more plasticine to keep the pour hole open!  This time I had to put vaseline over the horns AND the plaster, since otherwise if I pour more plaster on top it would seal the two halves together, and the whole mold would be useless!


Boxed back up!  This time I made absolutely 100% certain that there were NO GAPS.  Thankfully this time there was no leaking problem, so the mold will be finished soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment